Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: escape sequence is invalid in character class at offset 4 in /home/u229400163/domains/cogenteducation.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/booked/includes/general-functions.php on line 19

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to UK Study Visa

Are you planning to study in UK? However, you barely understand the procedure and requirements and do not know where to start from. Well, before you set off on the adventure of a lifetime, you will have to pass through few steps to secure a study visa. To help you in the journey, the following aims at answering few of the most asked questions related to UK student visa.

Q: Where do I start?

You cannot apply for a UK student visa, until you are accepted for a course in the country. Therefore, you need to submit an application for the course you want to study and make sure that you meet the UK visa requirements too. Once you receive an offer for a place on a course in any UK university and you will have to prove that you can understand English in reading, writing and speaking.

Q: What type of Student Visa I need?

If you are applying for a course that will be completed in less than six months, you can apply for Student Visitor visa. This visa can further be extended to eleven months, if you are visiting UK to study English. The second type of student visa is called the Tier 4 (General) Visa and it is needed, if you will be studying in UK for more than six months.

Q: How far in advance do I need to apply for visa?

If you are applying for the Student Visitor visa, you can do this around 3 months before the start of your programme. If you are applying for the Tier 4 Student Visa, you will have apply 3 months before your programme but not even more than 6 months after you have received your CAS form.

Q: What is the CAS form?

The CAS – Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies, is a virtual document sent to you by the institution that has accepted you to study. You will need it to file for UK student visa because it contains important information such as unique reference number, details of your study programme, tuition fee, your personal information and your acceptance to the university.

Q: How much do I need to show for proof of funds?

You will need to prove that you or your parents have enough money in the bank account to support you for your studies. It includes the cost of the programme’s tuition as well as living expenses, which will vary on case-by-case. Moreover, if you are planning to study in inner London, you will need to show that you have £1020 per month for living expenses throughout the course of your studies, while you need £820 per month in case, you opt to study in outer London.

This single post is not enough to cover all the questions that are commonly asked, so we will discuss some more questions in another post. Stay tuned!


Leave a Reply